WELCOME TO CAL-FURS!
Please read these Terms carefully because they are a binding agreement between you and the Cal-FURS website which is affiliated with and governed by the Sacramento Children’s Home. These Terms govern your use of Cal-FURS’s website (“Website”) including the online chat function. In these Terms, “you” and “your” refer to the party using the Website for the purpose of obtaining information and support from the Website’s hotline and/or any other information that is provided within the Website. The use of “we,” “us,” “our” or “Cal-FURS,” refers to the Sacramento Children’s Home, a California 501c(3) nonprofit organization.
THESE TERMS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE; BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS IN FULL. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THESE TERMS OR ANY PART OF THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. ALL PARTIES CREATING SUBMITTING INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF THE PARTIES’ KNOWLEDGE. A PARTY USING THIS WEBSITE SHALL NOT INTENTIONALLY PROVIDE MISINFORMATION.
- Our mission is to provide current and former foster youth and their caregivers with immediate, trauma-informed support when they need it. The California Family Urgent Response System (Cal-FURS) is a toll-free hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week staffed with caring counselors trained in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques for children and youth impacted by trauma. The Cal-FURS program is administered by the Sacramento Children’s Home. Cal-FURS aims to provide support to resource families and current or former foster youth during times of crisis and struggle.
- Using Cal-FURS Website and Online Chat
- Who Can Use It. Use of the Cal-FURS Online Chat by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use. Those under 13 years of age without parental or legal guardian consent are encouraged to call our hotline at 833-939-3877.
- Using Online Chat. Online chat offers 24/7 support and crisis intervention to foster youth and resource families. If the Online Chat is not responding or is “offline” please call or text us directly at 833-939-3877. If you or someone you know is currently in the act of harming him/herself or someone else, or if they need immediate medical attention, please dial 9-1-1.
- Changes to the Cal-FURS online chat platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the Cal-FURS online chat platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Cal-FURS online chat platform. Feel free to submit feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise use the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Content on the Website. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, online chat functions and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Cal-FURS’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the state of California and the United States of America.
- Contacting You Electronically, by Email or through Telephone. You consent to receive electronic communications, information and documentation from us through your profile created on the Cal-FURS website. In connection with your profile or use of our Website, you agree that we can contact you by email or calling your mobile device or other direct phone number at any email address or telephone number you provide to us in your profile. You agree to update your contact information with us when it changes.
- Disabling or Deleting Your Profile on our Website. We reserve the right to disable your profile on our Website at any time and for any reason. You may also disable your profile from our Website at any time and for any reason by contacting our Support Team at email@example.com. Once disabled, you may have access to all information saved inside your profile as of the date the profile is disabled for as long as we determine. We reserve the right to delete your profile from our Website at any time and for any reason whereby you will no longer have access to the saved content inside your profile. Once disabled or deleted, you will no longer be able to update your profile or utilize the features inside your profile. If you wish to reactivate your profile, please make this request by contacting our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request to reactivate your profile may be denied for any reason, including if your profile was disabled or deleted due to your violation of these Terms of Service.
- Governing Law and Venue. These Terms shall be determined to be a contract made within the State of California and, for all purposes, are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute under these Terms and/or your use of the services on our Website resides in the courts located in Sacramento, California, and you further expressly agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action. If it turns out that a particular provision in these Terms is not enforceable, that will not affect any other provision.
- Ending or Changing these Terms; Assignments. We can terminate these Terms at any time. We can also change these Terms, or add or delete any items in these Terms, at any time. Your use of our Website after we have made such changes available will be considered your agreement to the changes. We will provide notice if required by law. You cannot change these Terms. No party may assign these Terms,
- Notices. We can provide notices to you concerning these Terms and your use of our Website by posting the material on our Website, through electronic notice given to any electronic mailbox we maintain for you or to any other email address or telephone number you provide to us, or by contacting you at the current address we have on file for you. You may contact us at: email@example.com
- Limitation of Liability; No Warranties. We are not and shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising from or related to your creating a profile on the website or your access or use of our website or online chat. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all representations, warranties and conditions of any kind (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) as to any and all profiles and all information and other content included in or accessible from our website. Cal-FURS shall not be subject to liability for any delays or interruptions of the website or the service from whatever cause. You agree that you use the website, the website’s content, and the service at your own risk. The website and the service may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors or omissions. Cal-FURS is not responsible for any such typographical or technical errors. Cal-FURS reserves the right to make changes, corrections, and/or improvements to the website and the service at any time without notice. Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
- License to Use Website. Unless otherwise stated, Cal-FURS and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the Website and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may, within your profile on our Website, view, download documents and print pages from the Website for your own personal use subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
You Must Not:
- republish material from this Website (including republication on another Website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website;
- show any material from the Website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this Website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website; or
- redistribute material from this Website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
- You accept that, as part of a 501c(3) organization whose mission is to improve the lives of children and families, CAL-FURS and the SACRAMENTO CHILDREN’S HOME has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its directors, officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the SACRAMENTO CHILDREN’S HOME’s directors, officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the Website or the Online Chat. Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this Website disclaimer will protect the SACRAMENTO CHILDREN’S HOME directors, officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, and sub-contractors.
- User Conduct. While using the Website, you agree not to:
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Website;
- use the Website or features in violation of Cal-FURS’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary, personal or legal rights;
- use the Website in violation of any applicable law;
- attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Website, or any content thereof, or make unauthorized use thereof;
- use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Website.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold THE SACRAMENTO CHILDREN’S HOME AND CAL-FURS and our shareholders, officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees, and assignees harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising, or resulting from your breach of these Terms or your access to, use, or misuse of the Website. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
These Terms were last updated on February 24,2021.